Where it all began
Darzin Software was set up in 2004 by Allison Hendricks. Through her twenty odd years of experience working in the stakeholder engagement field, Allison came to realise the need for simple yet effective consultation management software. Efficient tools to manage the volumes of data generated through stakeholder engagement programs were sorely needed. Tools of the day (spreadsheets and basic databases) treated the data in very simplistic ways and did nothing to extract any real knowledge from the data. Two key things were missing:
- The ability to efficiently manage the large volumes of data stakeholder engagement programs can generate
- The ability to effectively communicate the results of the stakeholder engagement process to the decision makers – turning largely qualitative data into easily understood information
Our vision for Darzin is for informed decisions, leading to better outcomes for our communities through dramatic improvements in data management.
Darzin was created with three main objectives in mind:
- Make the process of data management and distribution more efficient
- Extract knowledge from qualitative data
- Present information in formats easily understood by decision makers.
You will see these objectives reflected in the design of Darzin. Our focus is on streamlining and automating the data collection process where ever possible. We spend a lot of time ensuring the user interface is intuitive and friendly, constantly working towards making Darzin easier and faster to use. Our qualitative analysis tool still remains a key distinguishing factor for Darzin, no other software yet has anything that comes even close to it. Our focus on extracting knowledge from data means that Darzin has over 50 standard reports, including maps, charts, lists and tables.
- Experts in the community engagement field, particularly in relation to evaluation, consultation data management, stakeholder engagement process design (including deliberative processes).
- User-friendly consultation management software developers
What we do
Although our “main job” is to design innovative stakeholder management software we are not just a bunch of IT geeks, we take responsibility to make sure our software delivers required outcomes. You can have confidence that you are dealing with a team that understands your needs and is on top of and leading the industry in innovative stakeholder engagement and community consultation practice. We work with you to help you design your project (if you need this help) and identify solutions.
- Assist you with designing new processes/projects, fixing up existing data, training, coaching, designing for effectiveness and evaluation
- Design leading industry community and stakeholder engagement approaches into a software solution
Today Darzin is in its fourth version and is used by a wide and diverse range of clients. Our clients come from many sectors – government; infrastructure; mining; construction; water, gas and electricity utilities; consulting; waste management; etc. The common element they all share is that they all interact with the public and stakeholders, and all need ways to efficiently manage stakeholder relationships and community engagement processes.