The Handbook and its sister document, the “Guide to Practitioners’ Perspectives on Stakeholder Engagement”, together provide guidance to especially corporate, but also non-corporate users on how to practice effective stakeholder engagement. The Guide illuminates various groups’ perspectives on engagement, and provides an in-depth examination of stakeholder engagement processes, their opportunities and challenges.
The Manual as a whole is intended to provide practical guidance and support to those practicing stakeholder engagement. The Handbook outlines a comprehensive approach to successful and strategically aligned engagement, and includes a broad range of practical tools and templates. The Guide illuminates various groups’ perspectives on engagement, and provides an in-depth examination of stakeholder engagement processes, their opportunities and challenges. Both documents are based on extensive research, workshops, consultation and on interviews with a total of almost one hundred engagement practitioners from around the world.
18 blank templates on Stakeholder Engagement found in the Guide are also available for download and dissemination. These are:
- Mapping Stakeholders
- Strategic Engagement Objectives
- Objective Issue and Stakeholder Matrix
- Stakeholder Influence Dependency Matrix
- Organisational Response-Ability
- Stakeholder Profile
- Resources and Margins of Movement
- Stakeholder Representatives and Stakeholder-Specific Objectives
- Systems Strengthening Plan
- Staff Development
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- The Engagement Outcome Implementation Plan
- Engagement Review
The Manual and Templates can be downloaded separately from the AccountAbility website.